Another Pm1340gt Build

MItch, thanks for the complement. The collet chuck is made by Bison. I have really enjoyed it. I have a speed wrench for it made by member MKSJ that is a huge upgrade in time utilization. There is a thread on here somewhere detailing the construction of it.

Perfect! I thought it might be a Bison after researching some pics online. I'll check it out. Thanks very much for the information.

-Mitch

Very nice setup. Ordered my 1340gt last week. cant wait.

The speed handle for the 5C chuck is a vise speed handle I repurposed for the 5C. Used O1 steel rod 1", did a hex that fits into the speed handle and is pinned with a set screw, and cut a square for the chuck on the other end. I have used it for years with out any appreciable wear, did not want to heat treat/use hardened steel to prevent wear on the pinion. Find that it makes changing collets quick and can get enough toque with two hands on the key to keep stock from turning. If you have collet blocks make it much easier to cut the hex and square ends and then put hex in a 3J and cut a bit of a transition taper to the square end.

This is the 2nd one I made and did a bit of a taper on the key.
Bison 5C set-Tru speed handle.jpg

This was the first one
Speed Handle Chuck Key for Bison 5C Collet Chuck.jpg

Back