Another PM1340GT

Thanks Mark. Thats pretty amazing on the speed pot.

I took Alan Heffernan's advice from the VFD Panel pdf and cut & drilled outside with a mask. I also found a very good jig saw blade at Home Depot that boat guys use for cutting and repairing fiberglass.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-3...eramic-Glass-and-Fiberglass-T130RF1/100194774

I ordered some electrical connectors from McMaster Carr to fit the power supply. Well they shipped the right package from 3M but they contained the wrong connectors. First time a problem with McMaster Car but it was 3M's fault, not McMaster Carr. So i'm waiting on the replacement connectors.

My Fluke DVM which I bought in 1979 finally quit working when reading ac volts. I guess its time to buy a new one. I always like to ohm out my wiring before I turn on the switch. I'm a real believer that components are good until you let the smoke and sparks out.

I'll post here to update on the progress of the install.

Jerry

The PM1340GT arrived yesterday. Everything looks pretty good. My neighbor helped and we got up on the stand. I have a Northern 3000lb Gantry crane and it makes lifting most items pretty easy. Here are some pictures.
1340Shipment.jpg

1340Initial.jpg

Since the last picture, I have cleaned most of the cosmoline off using Orange Power Plus. Now back to the fun stuff, installing the MJ Control system and finishing the VFD Enclosure.

Shot of the motor wires connected to VFD.
MotorLeads.jpg

I also took care of my dangling wires from the 'ON' indicator.
CoverWires.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the final wiring. The lathe powered right up and ran. Now on to paying attention to the lathe, milling toolpost baseplate, breakin,etc.
Final.jpg

Last edited:
Back