Another puzzle-what's it for

AGCB97

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
What would be the main use for this 'rake like' tool?

IMG_4711.JPG

Sounds good!

Yes, it is called a 'de-thatcher' but it's true purpose is 'sweat generator'.

These buggers are made of steel and heavy as the dickens; you'll get a real upper body workout and after about 15 minutes. you'll ask yourself 'Why did I buy this thing anyway ???"

DAMHIKT

Stu

No way! This is a garden harrow. I had and used one for thirty years before it rusted away and fell apart. I wish I could find another one. You use this to level and till a freshly rototilled garden bed. Those tines carve up the bigger clods while pulling, and pushing levels out the grade and mixes in the fertilizer. Yes, I have garden rake, and that is what I'm forced to use now, but no way does it work as good as one of these garden harrows.

Dethaching a lawn? Good grief. I can't imagine that working...

My Son calls it the death rake. We mainly use it to clean up the yard from the crab apple mess.

No way! This is a garden harrow. I had and used one for thirty years before it rusted away and fell apart. I wish I could find another one. You use this to level and till a freshly rototilled garden bed. Those tines carve up the bigger clods while pulling, and pushing levels out the grade and mixes in the fertilizer. Yes, I have garden rake, and that is what I'm forced to use now, but no way does it work as good as one of these garden harrows.

Dethaching a lawn? Good grief. I can't imagine that working...

I can see that it would work quite well for that. And the adjustable head angle would apt it to different soil consistencies. Maybe not a gimmick after all!

Back