Another rotary broach project

McMaster Carr bearing part numbers.

Roller bearings: 2342K188 2 required

Thrust bearings: 5909K12 1 required

Thrust bearing washers: 5909K84 2 required

I'm starting to get how it goes together the thrust bearing goes in then the two roller bearing sit on the lip, next adding the broach nest, and secure all that in with retaining screw and washer. did I get that part right?What I am not getting is how the main body attaches to the tail end. Is that what the holes in the Drawing are for? The gap is just to illistrate the slight slope of the tail ends face?ThanksMark

I just realized there are 2 pdf files posted in the link above. Use the one that is just text and not in the window. I have parts of the assembly called out there.

If someone can help me delete the 123 k.b. file that would be great!

Melsdad,
I do ever so much appreciate you giving out the prints to your project. It helps us guys that don't have a lot of time for R&D!

Thanks!

I'm starting to get how it goes together the thrust bearing goes in then the two roller bearing sit on the lip, next adding the broach nest, and secure all that in with retaining screw and washer. did I get that part right?What I am not getting is how the main body attaches to the tail end. Is that what the holes in the Drawing are for? The gap is just to illistrate the slight slope of the tail ends face?ThanksMark

Sorry for the late response Mark, don't know how I missed it.

There will be threaded studs attached to the tail and nuts and washers holding the nest body in place. The 10-32 tapped holes that leed into these bolt holes are for adjusting concentricity.

Thanks Brian, Look foward to hearing/seeing more. I made a simple broach for my mill But do not have one for the mill. this could be the way to go.Mark

Melsdad,
I do ever so much appreciate you giving out the prints to your project. It helps us guys that don't have a lot of time for R&D!

Thanks!

Your very welcome calibre! I am going over the individual part drawings and will post them soon.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

A very nice project Brian. I started to make a broach for my lathe but never completed it. I like you design that will work in both the mill and lathe. I will be waiting to see future updates and a dimensioned drawing.

Thank you for your hard work.

Rick

Back