Another too good to be true item??

No where in the description does it say that it is actually made out of metal!

125mm is 3" not 5". I have never actually seen a 3" chuck... must be for those micro-mills.

You guys are crazy!... I ordered one too. :)

I expect it will fall through. I think what happens is someone in China who can't read or write English well posts the ads and either doesn't convert the currency correctly, or posts their cost. Obviously they can't sell at a loss, so the deal falls through. Its common practice for the "pro" import sellers that when their feedback score drops to a level that negatively affects sales, they simply close that account, and start another. Many of the big time import sellers use a dozen or more different accounts/names at any given time.

I wonder if Ebay lets flaky sellers purge negative feedback? Hard to believe he wouldn't have some if he wasn't delivering items
Should be interesting to see what happens.

I don't think you can leave feedback on canceled orders, which is what I expect to happen.

Hmm something's up. Maybe my call earlier to Ebay initiated an investigation? When you click on the item, it's gone. Any when you list any items for sale by that seller, it's zero now.

I don't think you can leave feedback on canceled orders, which is what I expect to happen.

Ebay will not allow you to leave feedback on canceled orders until 10 days after the order has been canceled. You can then leave negative feedback.

Sellers can not purge negative feedback... they can only create a new account.

Seems like the feedback system falls apart if the seller just opens a new account. Ebay should have some system in place so feedback scores follow the seller somehow- IDK, but I see a loophole here that should be closed

I wonder if Ebay lets flaky sellers purge negative feedback? Hard to believe he wouldn't have some if he wasn't delivering items
Should be interesting to see what happens.
I found another like this a few days ago. He had 100% feedback, but just for small stuff over the years. Then on the 11th, he had tons of items at unbelievable prices, and lots of sales starting then. Its like they milk the account for a year or so, then try to get as much as they can in a few days.

Well, I clicked on the link above and got a 'not available' but eBay redirected me to essentially the same listing / same price at <https://www.ebay.com/itm/BS-0-5-Ind...-Chuck-Tailstock-CNC-Milling-New/183846477608> and the seller claims to have 10 HP VFD for about $50 - so I ordered both pieces and am now crossing my fingers. A teensy risk of $100 total for these items seems worth it.

You always want to be cautious with a seller with not much feedbacks - but sometimes it is worth it as new sellers are trying to establish a good reputation and offer low prices like these. The eBay guarantee (and the one on your credit card) are pretty foolproof IME.
Stu

Scammers use bots to hack accounts, and if they find an account that has good reviews, they upload tons of items for low prices (and change payment info to their own accounts..).
Like you guys say you get the money back, but for every thousand orders there's bound to be a few that don't ask for a refund...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back