Another too good to be true item??

Free shipping to Canada too, I'm not fallin' for it. Watch for "Seller no longer on ebay"

Hmm, he’s also selling a mitutoyo 300mm digital caliper for $29.00
Mitutoyo 300 mm caliper
Shucks, Dj, that ain't nothin' ... here's one for $4.58, free shipping!

I've noticed something common to just about all the "scam likely" ebay listings. The lead photo has the brand name geyed out. In addition, none of the photos that do show "Mitutoyo" have the "Mouse over to zoom" feature, so you can't take a good, close look. And the "Mitutoyo" name looks a lot brighter white than any of the other white lettering on the face - photoshop? Finally, they all claim 12"/300mm calipers, but the photos that do show the entire caliper are of 6" units.

LOTS of red flags popping up here!

PS - just for fun I checked the Mitutoyo website,
Turns out that 500-196-230 is NOT the part number for any of their 12" absolute units. Tried a search for that part number, and got "No products match your search criteria." Final nail in THAT coffin, as far as I'm concerned!

Don't be surprised when/if it arrives it's a "made in China" knock off. It's identified as a BS not a B&S (Brown & Sharpe) dividing head with a B&S #7 taper.
projectnut and matthewsx - Definitely BS! Check the "Item specifics," and note that the brand is given as "Unbranded."
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 3.07.42 PM.jpg
Interestingly, the item matthewsx posted CLAIMS to be located in Sacramento, shipping less than a week. So it shouldn't take too long to see what you get, if you want to take a chance on it.

Funny, but earlier today I was looking at a drywall lift on ebay. They tend to sell for ~$137 on sale, or $170 regular, imported. So I find a listing for $37 buy it now & shipping included. Then I notice other similar listings.. I couldn't bring myself to buy thinking something was not right. Maybe I should give it a shot. :dunno:

Damn! That one's even cheaper, and it's in Sacramento. All 3 of those vendors are based in China and created their accounts mid 2018. They (He) sold mostly military models judging by the feedback .

I believe that the "BS-0" refers to the size.
1560466522748.png

That's an insane price, so I'll be watching how this comes out and if it gets there and is functional I'm going to jump on that too!

Back