Another Tool & Cutter Grinder

Glad to see it is working to expectations. You've done an amazing job on it, and I'm looking forward to learning more about tool grinding as you delve further into it. Thanks. Mike

Thank you,
One of the files I posted has a lot of information about cutter grinding that I gathered. You may find some of it interesting.

I read something akin to the following..."the greater the circle of light, the greater the circumference of darkness."

What a wonderful build...I suppose you could chase that elusive tenth, but to what end? It's still wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I am learning ..... Slowly..... When it is enough and to be satisfied. But it is hard.

Mark
Did you do a pdf of the build and if so could I get it?
Nelson Collar

I engraved the lines and stamped the numbers. I didn't bother taking photos or explaining this as It has been covered in several of my other projects.

Do you happen to know which thread? I've been looking but cant seem to locate how to do this type of engraving.

Last edited:
Do you happen to know which thread? I've been looking but cant seem to locate how to do this type of engraving.

I have covered this subject in several of my builds. I think my Bonelle tool grinder build did.

If you want I can write up how I engrave degree markings or any other dial markings for you.

Edit: actually, I had written a short article on marking dials. It is on my personal web site. I will copy it and send it to you if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back