Another Treadmill Conversion

thank ya much sir . my machine hat tippe3d over , thats show I picked it up cheap . it destroyed the idler pulley, broke the idler pulley mount & broke both caps on the motor . rather than buy 2 new caps to find out the 2 HP motor is no good I'll be doing yer mod . thank you much for sharing it with us
animal

In that case you may not want the same pulley size as mine, since mine is still working through idler pulley. But you may need to fix the idler, because the column is in the way of a direct shot between the motor and the spindle, unless you move the motor.

I was plannin on makin a new idler mounting plate & then order a new pulley & shaft , thinkin havin 3 options for motor speed mite be handy at some unknown time
animal

I was plannin on makin a new idler mounting plate & then order a new pulley & shaft , thinkin havin 3 options for motor speed mite be handy at some unknown time
animal
Yes... but it sure is nice not having to move the belts most of the time!

DC with speed control gives you infinite between 0 and X000rpm. You wont need an idler. If you motor has enough hp you can get by without feedback compensation too.

You need an idler to get the belts around the column. And you don't get a lot of torque from a DC motor at low motor rpm, so you need some reduction... but that will limit your top speed, so having a couple of pulley ratios available is still useful.

Hello, I know it's a somewhat old thread but do you have a diagram how to wire the 2100 to the pwm generator that was linked?

It looks like the left black and red go to pins in the Arduino board. Do those go to a switch?
Thanks

The red and the black provide 12VDC power to the Arduino, or the PWM board via the Vin+ and Vin- connections. I didn't use those on my fan project, though, I used a USB power supply instead... now I can't remember why since the 12V was available. But yes, switching that would start and stop the motor.

The red and the black provide 12VDC power to the Arduino, or the PWM board via the Vin+ and Vin- connections. I didn't use those on my fan project, though, I used a USB power supply instead... now I can't remember why since the 12V was available. But yes, switching that would start and stop the motor.
Cool. I'll let you know how I make out

Back