Another welding table build

Since you work in the industry, I'm wondering if you can provide a link or info where to access a DIMENSIONAL (not only "application") listing of automotive (and truck) disc brake rotors?

There used to be (probably still is) that kind of dimensional information available for various automotive components (universal joints comes to mind). In my Hot Rodding days, that kind of information was indispensable.

I cant get very far at the auto parts store these days without Year, Make, Model and my mothers maiden name.

My interest is when designing a rotor into a project like yours, it would be handy to pick from a table of available dimensional options.

Have you tried searching through Brembo Brakes, they make brakes for racing , and high end. I would think they might have a table of sizes.

Love it, great job man... Now if you could just drop that table at my place I'd be your new best friend..!

Have you tried searching through Brembo Brakes, they make brakes for racing , and high end. I would think they might have a table of sizes.

That's a good idea if I need any High-Zoot rotors for any very special applications..

Do you think Brembo, or the like, sell any $20 cast iron rotors? LOL

Thanks Bruce, today I got the caster wheels mounted and I added a short 2" trailer hitch receiver to 1 corner so I can mount one of my bench vises when needed. I added a couple of jacking screws to the folding legs so the casters can be jacked off the floor before folding the legs for storage. It's pretty much done except to strip it all down and paint but that's going to have to wait until spring.

i-JBtFwc3-L.jpg

i-4mLgrzx-L.jpg

i-VWRC3hF-L.jpg

i-sKQB9Gk-L.jpg

i-SsBszLD-L.jpg

i-r5TrrfB-L.jpg

i-bGDsZWg-L.jpg

i-fSgqBWv-L.jpg

i-Ws9mkLq-L.jpg

i-sVjmbcW-L.jpg

i-S6L5kPP-L.jpg

i-jWWMP5G-L.jpg

i-LTTDwMm-L.jpg

i-vGJkNbs-L.jpg

That thing looks unsafe. In the interest of safety, I will pay freight to my house and dispose of it properly.....just kidding. I think you did an awesome job! I would take that over one of the store bought tables any day.

Thanks guys, I added a little more functionality to the welding table.

Every once in a while I find myself in need of a table saw. After looking on Kijiji at a bunch of overpriced worn out junk I decided on a portable contractor saw and had a 15% off coupon at Lowes. The had the larger of the Dewalt saws on sale already and with the coupon it was lower in price than any of the used ones I looked at. I had a plan to add attachments to my welding table project so it could be used as a table extension for the saw when needed. I cut off the part of my brake rotor lock device so it no longer extended above the table surface and made up some quick removable brackets to mount the saw. 2 screws hold the saw onto the platform and after the saw is removed the rest of it comes off by loosening 6 set screws. I turned out well and works like a charm. The welding table is heavy enough that even ripping a sheet of 3/4" plywood doesn't make it feel tippy.

i-2RqQxtw-L.jpg

i-WQGmHcv-L.jpg

i-wHBgq7n-L.jpg

i-rSPvhMj-L.jpg

i-z8fMH7N-L.jpg

i-Q7h6Qkj-L.jpg

i-5VSzkSp-L.jpg

That's not just a welding table, it's a multi-purpose, adjustable 3rd arm table !!
Nice build and documented very well.

Thanks guys, I added a little more functionality to the welding table.

Every once in a while I find myself in need of a table saw. After looking on Kijiji at a bunch of overpriced worn out junk I decided on a portable contractor saw and had a 15% off coupon at Lowes. The had the larger of the Dewalt saws on sale already and with the coupon it was lower in price than any of the used ones I looked at. I had a plan to add attachments to my welding table project so it could be used as a table extension for the saw when needed. I cut off the part of my brake rotor lock device so it no longer extended above the table surface and made up some quick removable brackets to mount the saw. 2 screws hold the saw onto the platform and after the saw is removed the rest of it comes off by loosening 6 set screws. I turned out well and works like a charm. The welding table is heavy enough that even ripping a sheet of 3/4" plywood doesn't make it feel tippy.

View attachment 252987

View attachment 252988

View attachment 252989

View attachment 252990

View attachment 252991

View attachment 252992

View attachment 252993
Fantastic work, but it does make me chuckle to see that "little" table saw as an outrigger to your outfeed table--it's usually the other way around.:D

Thanks, I really don't enjoy wood working, I only do it when absolutely necessary. That darn sawdust gets everywhere and makes me sneeze. Having a small table saw really does make things easier though and I don't have room for a big saw so this seemed like a reasonable way for this little saw to do bigger work.

Clever!

Thanks for sharing.
-brino

Back