Anschutz 1907 barrel replacement

Wobbles

Active User
Registered
My late 90's Anschutz 1907 (22LR for 3P) needs either a new barrel or the existing barrel shortened from the chamber end. This is a pressed (LocTited) and pinned design, not threaded as many barrels are.

I'm looking for someone who has experience re-barreling a late model 54 action. Someone preferably in the SE US if possible. Any clues ?

Your thread reminds of those years I devoted to bench rest shooting.
I still own a 64 that is a tack driver but you purists love your 54’s.
Can’t help other than to say, I think Anschutz is the top of the line.

I had an Anschutz when I was in high school. I forget the model. I was into small bore prone matches in So Cal. I bet I put close to 10,000 rounds down the range with that rifle. One of the kids in my junior gun club talked me out of it when I went off to college. A few years ago I picked up an old original Anschutz made in the 50's. One of my projects is to refinish and checker the stock and put decent sights on it. I have already glass bedded it. The trigger needs some work too. The trigger pull can't be more than a few ounces. You barely touch it and it fires. Scary.

I did a few of those back in my rimfire days. Most of them got threaded, a few went back together using Loctite Stud and bearing mount, leaving the pins out. It's hard to re-use the pins and keep them aligned when the receiver is drilled and the barrel is not. Drilling through half the diameter in the edge of the barrel usually always ends up with drift, even when plunging with an endmill. That's why I thread the receiver 3/4"-16, and cut a coned breech on the barrel, instead of extractor cuts.

Back