Anton Tool magnetic transfer adjustable angle block

Andy Pullen

Registered
Registered
Hi All,
At the same sale that I purchased my Sanford grinder from 2 months ago; I scored a number of other items. The photos are of an Anton adjustable angle magnetic transfer block. Being a tool and die shop, I think, it's something that would be on a shelf as needed tooling.... I've personally never seen one like this. I don't see any way to adjust the angle. I did find a website for Anton Tools, but I've gotten no answer from them via email and the phone went to voice mail after a number of rings. The website showed an adjustable vee block but nothing like this. The part that rotates is frozen and I really don't want to beat on it to get it to move. Any ideas? Thanks!

Anton block1.jpg

Anton block2.jpg

Anton block3.jpg

Can you pull or push the pins out? It could be a custom made piece for a specific job.

The holes for the pins don't go all the way through. I haven't tried to hard to pull them.

Yeah...I could be purpose built for something.

You could try using a long bar over and under the pins to rotate it, or drill two holes in a piece of flat stock to fit the pins. I'd try soaking it in some penetrating oil first. Looks like it could be handy. Mike

You could try using a long bar over and under the pins to rotate it, or drill two holes in a piece of flat stock to fit the pins. I'd try soaking it in some penetrating oil first. Looks like it could be handy. Mike

I've been squirting Kroil on it since I got it. I'll try that. Thanks!

Don't take the pins out! THey are for a sin bar so you can set a precision angle! OMG what a find!

Don't take the pins out! THey are for a sin bar so you can set a precision angle! OMG what a find!

Thanks! I wasn't planning on it.
I've not done too much grinding in my 35 years in the trade. As a result, I've never used one of these tools. I couldn't pass it up for what it cost. I also picked up a sine bar at the same sale.
You will all be severely ****** at me if I told you what I paid for them....

Back