Any Ball Valve Experts Out There?

Nogoingback

Registered
Registered
IMG_1033.jpeg

I need to replace a water shutoff on a 3/4" line in my house and I found this brand new valve in my spares box. It's marked as an
LP Gas Shutoff, at 600 psi max. Is there any reason why I couldn't use this for water? The only difference I can think of is the
packing material could be a little different, but I can't imagine that would matter.

Seeing that you are not in CA you should be good, otherwise it could cause cancer. :big grin:

I have that same exact brand ball valves on my air compressor drain & the air lines. I hope my air compressor doesn't get cancer. But that was the point of putting one on the drain to help prevent that. :)

Seeing that you are not in CA you should be good, otherwise it could cause cancer. :big grin:

I have that same exact brand ball valves on my air compressor drain & the air lines. I hope my air compressor doesn't get cancer. But that was the point of putting one on the drain to help prevent that. :)

The problem I face is that it could have been made in CA, or even shipped through the state, which will cause cancer
anyway. I guess I'll have to look into that...
It's good to know they're looking out for me. :)

The problem I face is that it could have been made in CA, or even shipped through the state, which will cause cancer
anyway. I guess I'll have to look into that...
It's good to know they're looking out for me. :)

Haha!. But to be serious it should be made in Italy. Well at least my Mueller ball valves have Italy casted on them.

Back