Any bearing experts out there

There usually significant differences in cost when it comes to bearing classes. I would not be inclined to spend the money for higher class bearings without substantial reason. So unless you are using the drill press as a power head for something other than the factory application, you probably would be hard pressed to differentiate, in operation, between the OEM selection and anything better.

Thanks all , I’ll be hunting for them in the morning, hopefully I’ll find them somewhere local,
The local motion industries has them in sks or nsk flavors should I chance them , I don’t plan on doing this again.

Thanks all , I’ll be hunting for them in the morning, hopefully I’ll find them somewhere local,
The local motion industries has them in sks or nsk flavors should I chance them , I don’t plan on doing this again.
I recommend you get double sealed rather than double shielded. It will keep the dirt and grit out better. In older days when the seals were natural rubber, shields made good sense. Now, with very long lasting synthetic rubber compounds, double sealed make more sense unless you have very high spindle speeds, somewhere over around 5-6000 rpm for a 202.

Double sealed sounds like a good idea what would Change in the pt# to designate sealed ? I would think they would be more available.

Double sealed sounds like a good idea what would Change in the pt# to designate sealed ? I would think they would be more available.
SS stands for double sealed, ZZ stands for double shielded.

So a 202kdd5 SS is what I should ask for ?
Thanks Bob

Timken and Fafnir are now one company. The Timken number for the bearings that came on your machine is 202CC1. The Timken number for the sealed version is 202SS. 202SS is also a widely used industry wide number for that style and size bearing. That number, by itself, does not specify tolerance. Some bearings with that number will be pure junk, others gems. Make sure you get good quality ones. Lots of scammers and counterfeit stuff out there, be careful and/or deal with a trusted supplier.
https://www.pooleyinc.com/pdf/BearingInterchangeGuide7536.pdf page 60.

Ok , found them in Chico , shielded not sealed , same as what came out , tried for sealed but no luck .

Back