Any Benefit To Having Two Workmate Workbenches?

Ok. Thanks everyone. Now, I won't feel guilty buying another Workmate 400 :)

Too bad you're not local as I'd gladly donate my Workmate to your cause.

I had one then when my father in law passed I gave away his.
Whoops - that was a mistake.
Can't remember how many times a 2nd one woujld have been handy.

Hi Everybody,

I have three BD work mates. I often use two of them to create a temporary work surface if I'm doing long stuff, and the other gets pressed into service supporting a circular saw or press drill depending upon the job at the time. More often than not outside to give me room that I don't have inside.

I'm not proud to say this but I used to collect the earlier model B&D Workmates!, it all started 10-12 years ago when I did a lot of woodworking and found these foldable tables essential to have in a my small wood shop, I still have 8 of them but 4 are put away in my shed and 4 are currently used in my shop.
One is modified as a make shift welding table , one is for holding two belt grinders, the other 2 are my temporary worktable .

The "H" frame design was( and still is) very popular/ collectable , I would not hesitate to buy one if the price was reasonable.

Last edited:
A sheet of 3/4" ply with a couple of cleats screwed to it makes a great layout table that wont get knocked loose and the ply is easy to store against a wall with the Workmates.

I have a Black & Decker workmate that I liked and used a lot until the cheap plastic clips that hold the legs out broke. It's basically useless now, just can't quite get to the point of trashing it. Maybe I can make something from it...any suggestions??

Maybe make a spring metal clip to replace the originals?

I believe you can still order those plastic clips but don't know how much they cost .

Back