Any Benefit To Having Two Workmate Workbenches?

Well, you guys are probably right...maybe I could make new ones, never made a spring like these. Ordering would be better. I am somewhat embarrassed that I haven't had the energy to do something about this. In the time to actually make new springs, I could make 100 posts complaining about it. :)

Susan, I have two of them and they are the only work bench I have. I glued and screwed a 2x4 to the bottom of a piece of 3/4" plywood and camp it in the jaws for a working surface. I use it for layout and even bullet casting. I also welded up a round disc to the top of a piece of rectangular tubing and bolted a largish vice to it. The opposite end has a "wing" on it that catches under the wooden jaws so that it can't cant up and out of the jaws. It isn't very stable but I have done a pile of sawing and filing that way. Crude and sometimes frustrating but effective for a po' boy.

I inherited one from my wife's EX before we were married, (35 years ago) I wore that one out. Meanwhile, I sawed through one I got for Christmas,( not all the way though.)
I bought another down the line. They are handy as heck.

Back