Any better ideas?

Ropata

Registered
Registered
So my Bridgeport clone (Kondia Powermill) has a fully contoured main casting and I'm really struggling to dial in the z axis digital scale. Has anyone gotten around this problem with an elegant solution? The pictures show where I'm upto in my thinking but 2 hours of moving grub screws has me wondering if I'll ever get it. 20181113_192240.jpg20181113_192248.jpg

20181112_195406.jpg

That system works perfectly. You are doing it the way I have. The only problem that I see is you need grub screws at the top & bottom attaching points.

1542093091550.png

Yes, I think I've just got it dialed in and all seems to be within 0.03mm although I wasn't moving the knee up and down too much, felt like my arm was going to fall off. There are only 2 mounting points so I put a grub screw either side of each in line much like how yours looks. The holes you can see top and bottom are where the scale fixes to.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Arm falling off? make a adaptor for your 1/2" drill motor to fit the clutch dogs of the vertical feed shaft on your mill; no more drudgery!

Arm falling off? make a adaptor for your 1/2" drill motor to fit the clutch dogs of the vertical feed shaft on your mill; no more drudgery!
Yeah, next on the list once the mill is fully set up.

I found a model on Thingiverse for Bridgeport knees. 3D printed it in PETG and it's held up great. I did break one when I hit the end stop though, don't do that. :) It might have saved me breaking something expensive though, so I didn't mind printing a new one.

Back