any clues to these small levels are?

Ed ke6bnl

Registered
Registered
I picked up a small box with a CDI dial indicator and these two level and wondering if anyone is familiar293329these two level came with a CDI dial indicator. The levels have no name or markings and are mounted on what appears to be a machined and maybe ground metal surface.. Thanks

They look to be shop made. Might be useful for leveling a part in a mill or something.

Some mobile equiptment has levels attached.....like cherry pickers and mobile cranes.,so you use the outriggers to level the machine before operating.......they also come in handy to tell you when the crane tips over......although the various crashing noises are a clue too.

They look to be shop made. Might be useful for leveling a part in a mill or something.
Yes they do look shop made, is there a good way I could test to find out the sensitivity per division?

Feeler gauges under one end maybe? Should get you close. To really get it accurate you would need to use a sine bar.

Those look like precision level vials, mounted on homemade base bars - possibly to span a particular distance. Can't tell how long the vials are. But as Jim said, you can get a good "ballpark" idea of sensitivity per unit length by using feeler gauges.

The vials and their housings remind me of the plate bubbles on an old fashioned engineer's transit.

Back