jbobb1

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
What's everyone playing? Mine are:
Gibson LP
Fender Strat
Martin 00028
Taylor ce314

Also,this has to be one of my favorite performances by Gary Moore.

That is a good piece alright !
I play with a fender strat squier, someday I might learn how to really play it...............:rolleyes:

I don't play, sorry. Long ago yes, couldn't stick with it.
World's best listener though. In no particular order; Berry, Knopfler, Ely, Anderson, Landreth, Escovedo, Walsh, Gallagher, Reinhardt, Gibbons, Thompson, Johnson, ad infinitum.
Not about fast or loud, is it music? Second, what I hear, what does it make me see? [i.e.] can still remember day, where I stood, first hearing White Room. Thought I'd 'heard it all' until a German master guitarist played in our kitchen, preparing for our international guitar festival. Can't find video of him, this is a substitute......You might listen without watching, then see what it looks like.
While excellent performance, not better than Samuel's who is 2/3 the age. And Sam could just sit down and play this.
In 4 movements, neither has a post-it of sheet music visible. Samuel would say, it's "on the ends of each finger".
And why run machinery instead.

Like Norseman I play around with the guitar a little bit. I started playing guitar as a teen over a half-a-century ago. My first Guitar was a Sears Silvertone, and I still have it to this very day. I started out playing around with some guys in high school. We never played an actual venue, it was always just practicing in someone's basement.

Later on I moved over to acoustical classic guitar and tried to play stuff like Andre Segovia. Never got that good of course. :grin:

Today I have to more solid body electric guitars. One is a Squire Bullet. I think I bought it new for something like $119. I bought it specifically to rebuild it. I didn't even try to play it out of the box. I new tuning pegs on it. A ball-bearing roller nut. And I re-machined the tremolo bridge to be a full-floating bridge. I also put new pick-ups on it. I think I paid something like $150 for all the new parts I put on it. So you might ask why didn't I just buy a $300 guitar to begin with? Well, actually I think the way it is now it is actually better than a $300 guitar. :grin:

I also bought a Dean Vendeta. It has a Floyd Rose type tremolo with a locking nut. I think I paid just over $300 for it and didn't do much to it other than play it.

I tend to play the Squire more often. It plays really well after the rebuild. Although, I'm not that great of a player. Especially now as arthritis is setting in., Slow blues or slow Jazz is about it. I've tried playing fast,. My fingers just won't move anymore. I'm lucky they still work well enough to play slow.

Very nice.
This is my LP290981

Photos of my ancient Ventura flat-top (in rosewood) and latest addition Guild D30 arch-back (in maple).

Last edited:
I wouldn't say "fanatic"....

But since these pics were taken I've added another eight, ten, or maybe a dozen other guitars.

Okay, I may have a problem. ;)

newsgwall.jpgnewmiscwall.jpg

-Ron

Back