Any idea what make and model milling machine this is?

chadr

Registered
Registered
The seller listed it as a drill press, but it looks any other milling machines I've seen before. I assume they just aren't sure what it is.

Any idea what make and model milling machine this is? Thank you.

Screenshot_20180502-180811.png

Ah, the art-deco top cover part is familiar- give me a second I'll remember...I'm thinking jig borer..

I agree, it's a jig borer, not a mill, although some say, they can be used for light milling. Might be nice if she isn't rusted too badly.

That is crazy that you guys have already posted the specification and PDF for this machine. If it's working and not too bad out of shape what is a fair price for such a machine? Referring to the one in the picture that I sent of course which I know there's not a whole lot of detail there. Thank you very much to you all for your responses and your time. Chad

The machine in the picture is old and appears tired if not clapped out. It does not appear to come with the special added equipment to make it a jig borer. The literature that vtcnc posted is from October of 1941. I am not saying that it could not be restored to its former self, but what we are looking at in the photo is a tired old machine that might be used as a drill press or a 'very' light duty milling machine. It is certainly no equal to a well cared for Moore jig borer, by a long shot.

Back