Any ideas of items we can make - to help in the fight against Corona Virus?

Most of western people in Taiwan also do not like wearing mask. Sometimes angry is useless, as people does not care about getting the virus or not. Keep distance to people. Protect youself is first place. We can not influence those who does not care.

I have my 3d printer going most of the day producing frame part of face shields. Along with a few others we have teamed up and are producing over 500 face shields a week. As long as supplies of PLA and 7mil clear binder covers are available.

Our hospitals put out the call a couple days ago for volunteers to sew scrub caps for the nurses. My family is no stranger to fabrics and sewing going back three generations, so I’m cutting and one of my sisters is sewing.

-frank
I have my 3d printer going most of the day producing frame part of face shields. Along with a few others we have teamed up and are producing over 500 face shields a week. As long as supplies of PLA and 7mil clear binder covers are available.

Bless you guys -That is just awesome. I know it is so appreciated. The masks being made here seem to be very well received.

I’m at a loss why I haven’t seen a single IR thermometer in anyone’s hands in the USA..... except a couple major airports.

FWIW My neighbor is still working at a manufacturing plant of about 600 employees. He said they have been taking their temperatures, on entering the plant, since mid March.

Keep safe - everyone.
Jim

Bless you guys -That is just awesome. I know it is so appreciated. The masks being made here seem to be very well received.

FWIW My neighbor is still working at a manufacturing plant of about 600 employees. He said they have been taking their temperatures, on entering the plant, since mid March.

Keep safe - everyone.
Jim
They need to wear masks as well, otherwise, still dangerous.

I'm helping with this. It's a well organised national effort.

Walmart and Cisco are also testing for fever prior to work days that I know of.

I’m glad to hear some businesses are taking the initiative. But that said....it seems that there should have been some Federal government directives along this line. Check temps if you have a business. Don’t let some Bozo coughing his guts out walk around the produce section infecting everyone and everything.

I see the concern in these times but I don’t think we need anymore govern mandated stuff in our lives. I’m sure their are actions taken by businesses that are dealing with foods and the public. Just like that meat processesing plant in Colorado they were on top of it. I think our lives are gonna be changed after this which I’m not looking forward too. Stay safe out there.

Back