Any interest in AR-7 "Survival Rifles"?

I adore the survival rifle concept, I was super tempted by the AR-7 until a friend let me shoot his :D Though, as someone with a pilot's license (a now-lapsed PP-ASEL) I ended up with the M6 Scout, which is super fun. Its a single-shot .22 over .410 (or vise versa?) that is shockingly accurate.

A fun thread, this is. I do not mean to hijack, but I gotta say this- That 10-22 is a great mosheen, but 22lr is dirty stuff. If you got a Bentz chamber, you need to keep it clean. Firing out of battery is not fun, even in 22....

A fun thread, this is. I do not mean to hijack, but I gotta say this- That 10-22 is a great mosheen, but 22lr is dirty stuff. If you got a Bentz chamber, you need to keep it clean. Firing out of battery is not fun, even in 22....

Yep. I own both. The AR-7's will only go about 100 rounds without at least cleaning the chamber, the 10/20 does a lot better, but it still doesn't like dirt.

My buddy Armycat started a thread on AR-7 failure to fire due to ammo. I added a bit on AR-7 failures in general WITH vids! (CLICK HERE)

Back