Any Jacobs Chuck Experts

I've been operating them for some 60 years or so without much trouble.

Exactly what sort of expertise are you looking for?

Having a heck of a time finding a nut and jaws for my 18N at a reasonable price.
I have a bunch of NOS Jacobs parts I need to sell to finance the new jaws and nut.
How can I figure out what I have. Are there dimensions listed somewhere on the web?

Gonna need pictures for this one /me thinks...
What happened to the poor chuck that it needs new jaws?

Just old and worn. Bought it from a company auction. I thought it would be nice to have a chuck with 3/4" capacity. The MT3 arbor is stuck also. Decided it can stay on.

I do have this. Off the top of my head, I can't remember who sent this.

Attachments

• Jacobs-Chuck-Catalog-Old.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 9
A complicating factor is that Jacobs chucks have been made in the USA and in China, often with the same model numbers, but with parts that are entirely not interchangeable. The older USA chucks, nice as they are, are no longer given parts support by Jacobs (who is now merely a re-brander), so NOS Jacobs parts prices have gone through the roof.

which I have a whole box full. I would like some one to buy the lot, cheap. I don't want to toss them.

I bought a bearing and thrust ring kit from a guy on eBay, said he had a ton of them and there just wasn't any demand for them. I paid $31 for them. Maybe not such a good deal?
Anybody know what chuck took the .190" size ball bearings?

Back