Any Machinists Apps You Like?

dieselshadow

Do you smell something?
Registered
I really like how handy some apps are. With so much at my fingertips, I hardly ever am without my phone. It's always nearby. That said, I'd love to have a few good machinists app.

What's your favorite and what does it do for you?

iEngineer is pretty handy. Has a lot of screw data - major/minor diameter, tap drill size (50 & 75%), thru drill size (tight & loose fit), advised torque, tensile & shear strength, head dimensions, and a lot of other data. Also has a drill chart, and a chart to convert fractional inches to decimal or metric.

I have it on my iPhone. I don't know if it's available for android. IIRC, it was free, but data for metric screws costs you an extra couple bucks.

When I'm in my shop I have instant access to just about anything that I normally need as far as drill/tap sizes, rpm, sfm etc.
from all of the charts on the walls. I do really like iEngineer (on my iPhone and iPad) it has really come in handy on many
occations. Theres a LOTof info to be gained from tensile strengths, shear strengths, fastener hardness, head types,
thread and drill sizes, conversion charts etc. In US and (for a fee) Metric sizes. Another couple of apps that I have used
are a vibration "seismograph" that works in 3 dimensions, of course the flashlight and camera which both get used a lot.
I even have used several of my audio frequency test apps like sound meter, frequency meter and real time frequency spectrum.
I've loaded a lot of other engineering/shop use apps that just didn't do enough to make them worthwhile so they no longer
reside in my already stretched 64GB of memory. Probably the most used apps in my shop is my entire audio library all
available with just a touch on the screen. I like my tunes.

I was going to post screenshots of the app I use but I decided I shouldn't. Reason being it's not available for download.

Not sure what apps are available today but years ago I was looking for an all in one app. Nothing suited my needs. Luckily my lil brother came to the rescue. He made me a Windows app with a few different calculators. Over time I had him add more calculators to it that I use & he turned it into an Android app for me.

I always have my phone on me & the nice thing about it is I don't have to go searching on the net. Quick & easy on my phone & so covienient.

I'll post one screenshot of my app, it shows the calculators that I use.

Screenshot_20170413-170338.png

Back