Any Mini Bikers In Here

T

TOOLMASTER

Forum Guest
Register Today
original mini bikes...

anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and the boy are slowly but surely rounding up the junk to build one this winter.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Mini bikes and mopeds, I like to build them all. Currently building up a honda express moped from 1980. I have future plans for a mini bike build too, got a 9hp honda for that one.
So why do you ask praytell ?

just thinking of getting one..

one thing about craig list..what a bunch of lazzy $%^&^%$...they all want money but are too lazy to measure a wheel base for you.

Now a bit of curiosity, here. What do you mean when you say "mini-bikers"?
Is this the minibike we all know from decades past? A looped tube frame around a Briggs motor and a centrifugal clutch?
Used to see ads for these in Popular Science that touted "no welding required" and other such conveniences. Loved those things, but i'm a bit big for such a little gizmo.
Or is this some kind of new nomenclature that includes the Asian import mini ninja things?
Categorically, does it include bikes with suspensions? That would be like the Honda Mini Trail and Trail 70 that had shocks and forks.
A buddy of mine does unspeakable things to bikes. He takes 49cc Mopeds (Yamaha mostly), cuts and welds them in to convincingly looking full sized Cafe racers. Is this a mini-bike of which you speak?

Wrat

Not anymore but my friends and i used to goof around with them as kids in the 70's. Always running from the cops.

I am learning nothing has changed....guess they would rather have kids breaking legs and necks on skateboards...

Well I am a Biker. But I think I'm a bit larger than a mini.
But I am working on a neighbors mini-bike right now. Seems his kid was changing the throttle and lost some linkage parts for the carb. It took me a while but I found a photo of the linkage on oldminibikes.com

Back