Any other use for punch press punches and dies?

So I’m not familiar with unipunch lis2323 and only have a little handheld knockoff of a pexto punch. I imagine these punches and dies are a deep rabbit hole. Are they all different with what machine they work with? Or are they universal? You would hope the uni in unipunch would mean it would work with anything but I have a sneaking suspicion it doesn’t.

And you would be correct on all assumptions. They are designed to be used in production settings with a press brake.

deff093c03862282ae867ed1532642a7.jpg

of which I don't have, need or have access to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a friend that has at least three punch presses for sale. All were bought new by either him, his dad, or his grand-dad. One dates to the 1930s. He closed his shop last year when the contract his family had worked under for nearly 100 years was pulled and the business went to China.

Seems like you could make the equivalent of one of the 8 green holders in the picture above, and use in your HF hydraulic press.
I made a couple punch and die pairs for a recurring need, but without heat treating I limit them to fairly thin aluminum.

Back