Any PM835s owners out there?

chiroone

Registered
Registered
I know this is a brand new machine and probably not a lot of them out there, was just wanting to see if there are any members out there with one that would care to comment on the fit, finish and performance of this beast? It is a cool concept, sort of like a mini bridgeport that weights under 1,500 pounds. I know the head is from Tawian and the body Chinese, just wondering how the two get along? Any pictures would be apprecaited and videos would be even better!

I find it hard to believe that no one has replied to this thread, I know we have a couple owners here. Might help to post in the main forums or do a search for PM835s.

Actually did a search, but I don’t think anyone actually here seems to own one. There’s a lot of comments on them but no one says they have actually used one Matt did send me a few pictures of one and they seem to be a real gem, especially for the price

They are a new model, so probably unlikely anyone has one yet in this forum. There may have been a few sold. You probably could check with QMT if they have any PM-835S owner's that you could talk too. At the price point, I would probably go with a knee mill over a bench top style, but the 833T is still a very nice mill, is very well made and $700 less. Interestingly they both have about the same travel envelope, so the main difference other than the configuration would be the speed range. The 833T speed range is the same as something like the Rong Fu RF45, so maybe a little slower in aluminum and very small bits. It is always a difficult choice, but the next step up is going to run you some pocket change. So tough call between the 833T and the 835S.

Back