Any recognize this South bend lathe

chiroone

Registered
Registered
This is aSouth Bend lathe I saw on craigslist.. Reportedly it is a 9 x 36. I’m having a little difficult time communicating with the owner. Apparently he may be deaf and maybe some other issues. He tells me he has a lot of tooling with it but I can’t get them to commit on the price. Anyone have any idea what the model of the lathe is and maybe an approximate value

CBF7ED29-4299-4021-844A-190A44E1F48F.jpeg

Looks like a model 15.predates the model c by a few years but same machine

For a c and bed is good with tooling ied go for it if cheep.and good.
Surface grinder next to it o_O

Last edited:
I am thinking he wants about $1,000 for it. Wondering if replacement belts are available, even though these appear to be ok, they are probably as old as the machine itself

Wondering if replacement belts are available, even though these appear to be ok, they are probably as old as the machine itself

Replacement flat belts are not a problem. Several sources. I got mine from Al Bino Belting. I got the nylon outer with rubber inner. They sell a kit with the scarfed ends and two types of adhesive, one for the nylon and one for the rubber. Runs very smooth. You just need to measure the length of the belt.

Al Bino Belting

If I was going to buy a Southie I'd hold out for one with power cross feed but that's just me
Mark

Back