Any scuba divers here?

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
wonder how many of you are scuba certified. I got certified when I was 10 and when on my first open water dive for my 11th birthday. now I am going in 3 weeks and just turned 13. Hope to see some more spider crabs and eels. also saw a couple of barracuda, they were looking at me funny. And lots of nurse sharks and lobsters.

I am not scuba certified but went once in Hawaii with an instructor. It was an awesome experience. I think it is great you can do it at your age. Keep it up

I am not scuba certified but went once in Hawaii with an instructor. It was an awesome experience. I think it is great you can do it at your age. Keep it up
getting certified in 50-degree water was not fun. still cold in a 7 mill wet suit. the tank and suit weigh as much as mine, so it is even better:grin:

I was certified in 1970 and did my certification dive at Catalina island:sharkattack: Good for you getting yours!!!:clapping:

Congratulations you are one lucky lad.
I was for many years and many years ago and still miss it intensly .
Most of my diving was out in the Med and when we came to Oz obviously did a fair bit on the barrier reef.
Diving is fantastic and will leave heaps of memories.
When I started it was twin hose regs, deep dives required a bit of math, fenzies were just starting to show up here and there but most of us never had one so that shows how long ago.
I am so jealous and wish you all the best.
If you ever get the chance to do some serious snorkeling try to get a solid week in around 2 to 3 hours a day.
By the end of the week you should be able to hit 80 feet with no effort for at least 2 mins.
Have fun and stay safe.

Congratulations you are one lucky lad.
I was for many years and many years ago and still miss it intensly .
Most of my diving was out in the Med and when we came to Oz obviously did a fair bit on the barrier reef.
Diving is fantastic and will leave heaps of memories.
When I started it was twin hose regs, deep dives required a bit of math, fenzies were just starting to show up here and there but most of us never had one so that shows how long ago.
I am so jealous and wish you all the best.
If you ever get the chance to do some serious snorkeling try to get a solid week in around 2 to 3 hours a day.
By the end of the week you should be able to hit 80 feet with no effort for at least 2 mins.
Have fun and stay safe.
we normally do snorkeling for 1 to 2 hours on a shallow reef, 4 to 10 feet, and look for fish. this year we will go to ¨fairy land¨, it is one of the best scuba diving spots there.

I was certified in 1971 though I stopped a few years later I enjoyed every minute of it. Have fun diving, but remember
that the most important thing is your safety and the safety of the people you dive with.

Certified in 1975 in a quarry near Allentown, PA. Have a few hundred dives, mainly in warm water. I highly recommend you do some warm water diving - much more enjoyable. John Pennecamp coral reef state park in Key Largo is really nice and not too expensive to get to.

Now at my age I am reluctant to continue diving. My last dive was a few years ago in Grand Cayman and another old guy on the boat had a heart attack. They managed to get him to the surface and air ambulanced him to Florida. He survived, but just barely. I can't imagine his medical bill.

I missed out on getting certified for free when I was working in Atlanta. A super on the job was a PADI instructor and would do the pool work in his pool and then go to Savannah to do the open water. Still kicking myself...

Certified in 1975 in a quarry near Allentown, PA. Have a few hundred dives, mainly in warm water. I highly recommend you do some warm water diving - much more enjoyable. John Pennecamp coral reef state park in Key Largo is really nice and not too expensive to get to.

Now at my age I am reluctant to continue diving. My last dive was a few years ago in Grand Cayman and another old guy on the boat had a heart attack. They managed to get him to the surface and air ambulanced him to Florida. He survived, but just barely. I can't imagine his medical bill.
I think you mean dutch springs. visibility was 3 feet and cold. warm water is much better

Back