Any scuba divers here?

NAUI SCUBA diver certification October 1968
commercial diver certified November 1972
i have dove to many places to list.

I think it was Dutch Springs. The dive shop was out of Allentown - Sea Lion dive shop - probably long out of business. Visibility was not good, but there was nothing to see anyway. There might have been a sunken car or something. Things have changed quite a bit since then. You would laugh if you saw the equipment we used. Horse collar BCs that you had to fill by mouth, etc.

I think it was Dutch Springs. The dive shop was out of Allentown - Sea Lion dive shop - probably long out of business. Visibility was not good, but there was nothing to see anyway. There might have been a sunken car or something. Things have changed quite a bit since then. You would laugh if you saw the equipment we used. Horse collar BCs that you had to fill by mouth, etc.
now there is Indian valley scuba. there are a helicopter and planes and a fire truck. for the BCD we would always fill them with your mouths for practice.

I have been in the Indian Valley shop in Harleysville. Nice people. I used to work just a mile or two from there.

Open water certified in early 80, did a bunch in the Gulf of Mex, Then HI, Miss it much, but would have a hard time lifting the gear anymore. Almost all of mine was from the beach, so had to carry everything down to the water.

Have snorkeled many places in the Caribbean, several resorts I've stayed at offered free training and diving, I would really like to do it but my conscience keeps telling me I already have too many expensive hobbies..

I was certified over 40 years ago, dove for a few years until i could find a partner. Finally gave it up just after I was chased out of the water by a couple of sharks in Acapulco. Wasn't sure who was more afraid me or the sharks, I didn't ask

Something I've always wanted to do, I snorkeled a bit when I was a kid living in Costa Mesa CA, and I never missed and episode of "Sea Hunt". I did get to try an Aquanaut, the compressor floated on an inner tube and it had two masks and hoses. I couldn't go very deep because the pressure hurt my ears.

Back