Anybody know anything about a Benchmaster horizontal milling machine?

My son called this morning and told me his company was scrapping a Benchmaster mill. Needless to say it is now in my garage. Needs a lot of cleaning but the price was right.
Good score!
Right now the machine is buried under 40 years of junk......
Man you sure pile up junk fast!

Cheers Phil

image.jpgOk. Picked up the little milling machine this morning. Had to get it out of a building upstairs. We had several ropes hooked to it. Told my sons they better not drop it. Luckily they didn't. Had to take it apart to move it. There's another shaft with it that I'm not to sure how it hooks up but looks like it makes it into a vertical mill. Have to do some "wife duties" tomorrow so it may be a few days till I can figure it out.
Still trying to get photos to load. Took several of our adventure today.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgOne shot is the spot it has rested in for 30 years. We got it down and one pic is the mill in my shop. Pics are a little mixed up but I finally after three hours figured out how to get them to load.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Great Score!!!
Looks like you got the vertical head attachment with that deal to boot.
I love seeing a vintage machine rescued.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike

Nice find! Look forward to seeing what you do to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a nice vertical knee mill so I decided to list this one on eBay. Don't really have the room in my shop for it. Wish I did. It's a nice little mill. Right now I have some tractor front axles to repair. Don't think that machine would handle it. Have several pics of it on eBay the way it looks after the restoration process was complete. Only been on there a day and already have 98 watchers.

Back