Anybody Recognize This Part As Belonging To A Burke/millright?

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
image.jpg this part was left over at an estate sale today and the fellow handling the sale asked if it belongs to either a Burke #4 or Millright mill?

Anybody recognize what it is or where it belongs? (I bought the Burke #4)

It seems to be a latch or hold down of some sort...

Thanks
Glenn brooks

It doesn't doesn't look like anything I have seen on a Millrite, or anywhere else for that matter. What does it look like it is for?

Hi Bob, the hook on the middle casting looks like it might be a latch, similar to latching an end housing shut on a SB 9 or Dalton 6 lathe ( to cover/ protect the bull and idling gears on the left side of the headstock). However, the third casting seems to be an articulated handle of some sort, with a machined flat surface for grabbing around some part. Very mysterious. The owner has passed and none of his descedants are machinists... So no background at all.

GPB

looks like the attachment for a south bend 9" lathe. it use for scraping the mica on armatures after you turn them. the end with the two bolts to the carriage where the follower rest bolts.

Thanks much. I will pass this along to the fellow handling the estate. The estate does have an old, old SB lathe still on site. Maybe it belongs to that one...

Glenn

Back