Anybody recommend CNC simulator ?

gunsmither

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I am looking to purchase a good CNC simulator program for checking my hand coded programs. Everything I do is simple milling. drilling, tapping,
on a Haas mill. Seldom have a problem, but once in awhile something stumps me, and I would like a good editor/simulator to troubleshoot my stuff.

I would appreciate any views from folks who have actually used, or use, a simulator. Thanks very much! Joe

Cimco Edit 8 and NC Plot are a solid duo. Both up to 4 axes, but Cimco gets super buggy with G91 programming.

If I had to choose one it would be NC Plot, because it is far more powerful and reliable. The Cimco interface is more user friendly, so I tend to do most of my work there. Just beware of the G91 issue and it will serve you well.

My only gripe with NC Plot is no diameter compensation option in the graphics.

+1 on NC Plot.

I mostly hand code after using the import .dxf option in NC Plot for complex routes. This works great for me as I design in draftsight, then save a route as a .dxf, import into NC Plot, and finish editing.

If you are not 3D surfacing, I find this faster, and better, than trying to make a model in fusion or mastercam and then outputting gcode. The latter method is using a sledge hammer to swat a fly.

Karl

Thanks bakrch and Karl T. I'll have a look at those. Joe

Back