Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

RandyWilson

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guilty. DIN rail mount holders for MT2, MT3, BXA, ER32, And who knows what all else. My current project is a coolant pump well for the Cinci.

Screenshot_20211014_083309.png

Just for fun

Tim Young
H-M Supporter Gold Member
@Ken226 , Looks good man! I don't have a 3d printer yet, but I can sure see where one would be handy.

Ken226

Registered
Registered
I think you missed the point of what I was doing.
it's for taps, and their accompanying drills.. not a drill index.

I'm not sure if I missed the point, or not.
I'm drawing up a TAP index. Not a drill index.
A tool organizer that holds taps, arranged by size, perhaps including a hole for the appropriate sized tap drill.

So are you all sharing the .STL files on these? So many that I want to print. Let me look at what is already available in https://www.thingiverse.com/

Yes, they are on thingiverse. Search my username.

Ken226

Registered
Registered
I was able to fit 3 holes. 2 taps and a drill per size.

That should be sufficient, yes? A tap drill, taper tap and bottoming tap in each set of holes.

I measured the shank diameters of my existing taps and added .015 ish. Some taps have different shank diameters, so that could be an issue for different tap brands.

I set it to test with a dual extruder print. I'll try a couple metallic colors like titanium and silver and see what happens.

I've had mixed results with dual extruder prints.

Last edited:

wachuko

Professor of Pending Projects
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Finally getting to print a few things... X-axis belt had come loose... fixed that. Changed filament to silver PLA... and printing away.

IMG_2925.jpeg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock