Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

Guilty. DIN rail mount holders for MT2, MT3, BXA, ER32, And who knows what all else. My current project is a coolant pump well for the Cinci.

Screenshot_20211014_083309.png

@Ken226 , Looks good man! I don't have a 3d printer yet, but I can sure see where one would be handy.

I think you missed the point of what I was doing.
it's for taps, and their accompanying drills.. not a drill index.

I'm not sure if I missed the point, or not.
I'm drawing up a TAP index. Not a drill index.
A tool organizer that holds taps, arranged by size, perhaps including a hole for the appropriate sized tap drill.

So are you all sharing the .STL files on these? So many that I want to print. Let me look at what is already available in https://www.thingiverse.com/

Yes, they are on thingiverse. Search my username.

I was able to fit 3 holes. 2 taps and a drill per size.

That should be sufficient, yes? A tap drill, taper tap and bottoming tap in each set of holes.

I measured the shank diameters of my existing taps and added .015 ish. Some taps have different shank diameters, so that could be an issue for different tap brands.

I set it to test with a dual extruder print. I'll try a couple metallic colors like titanium and silver and see what happens.

I've had mixed results with dual extruder prints.

Last edited:
Finally getting to print a few things... X-axis belt had come loose... fixed that. Changed filament to silver PLA... and printing away.

IMG_2925.jpeg

Back