Anyone ever use one of these Dremel adapters

tripletap3

Active User
Registered
I saw it in my tool box and just throwing this out for discussion. I have had this for a few years now and although I don't use it often it has worked well for me when I have. I have used it for some light (ok very light) grinding on hardened pins and also used it to drill some small holes or pilot holes using the little dremel drill bits. I think I paid $12 for it but I am sure it is easy enough to make.

dremel adapter.jpgdremel adapter (1).jpg

dremel adapter.jpg dremel adapter (1).jpg

I saw it in my tool box and just throwing this out for discussion. I have had this for a few years now and although I don't use it often it has worked well for me when I have. I have used it for some light (ok very light) grinding on hardened pins and also used it to drill some small holes or pilot holes using the little dremel drill bits. I think I paid $12 for it but I am sure it is easy enough to make.

View attachment 46033View attachment 46034
That is a Nice Dremel domore

I made one for my Roto-Zip, and while it works ok, you can cover everything up and the dust still gets everywhere :-(

bedwards

DSCN6710.jpg

I have two of those exact ones from that seller. I was not happy with the start/end of the threading on one so I contact the seller for details & he sent me a better one free of charge. Very cool person to work with.

But anyway, I use one to mount vertical & the other to mount horizontal. I don't use it much cause it definitely has it's limitations but really that is the Dremel's fault. The small 1/8 shank size & plastic case really affects any rigidity it has which is not much. So yeah, very light duty use.

A better tool to use is a Proxxon which has a metal case & does have threads at the nose. You just need a adapter that clamps like the one LMS sells for mini lathes. But still they are 1/8" shank.

I was thinking about getting one of those pencil type pnuematic ones & mount in a boring bar holder but I would rather have a die grinder that uses a 1/4" shank. Not common to find smaller sized ones & I stopped looking a while ago.

Img_7810.jpg

Img_7813.jpg

I've never actually tried to or saw a need to use a cut off wheel with it though. I've only done offset drilling 7 grinding with it.

Img_7810.jpg

Img_7813.jpg

Will, If I remember right they also had one that fit the hand piece of a Foredom tool. I would certainly think that would be sturdier. I have beenwanting one but don't have one yet. Oops did I say want? I mean need. </SPAN>

I would think so too. I also would love to have a Foredom!

Hey, just curious, do you have oil ports on your carriage for the ways?

Who makes this? I want er uh need one, too.

Robert D.

I made this one and have used it several times fof cutoff, grinding and drilling.0401002125.jpg

0401002125.jpg

Who makes this? I want er uh need one, too.

Robert D.

These particular ones are from Alisam Engineering. I got mine through him on ebay (was much cheaper then) but it's been quite sometime so I don't remember his ebay name. Should be failry straight foward to make too.

I would think so too. I also would love to have a Foredom!

Hey, just curious, do you have oil ports on your carriage for the ways?

First of all I can't believe you don't have a Foredom tool. :drool:You have all the nice toys and not just the the China stuff that I do.
Yes I do have 2 oil ports on my carriage that just basically oil the ways. At first I wasn't sure why they were there but I found out that they can hold oil (allot of oil) They really make a mess on the ways if you oil them too frequently.</SPAN>

Back