Anyone Going To IMTS?

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
Former Member
I will be going to the IMTS show next month in Chicago. I'll be there Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 day Wednesday. (10, 11. 12). I will be hanging out the first few hours inside the DAPRA Booth. North Building 3 rd level, booth # 236246. Those attending, maybe we can all meet for a Beverage and a $12.00 hot dog...lol Rich

I wish I was going Richard it would be a pleasure to meet you face to face. Do you ever do FABTech or EastTec shows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really....I used to go to other shows in Detroit, Charlotte and LA. Never made to the East Coast. I always worked the BIAX of Dapra booth. This show I will be going as a visitor and not a worker.

I attend every one as part of my job but usually with the owner or a contingent of my Engineers. We go hard and cover a lot of ground.
Last year we bought a few multi axis machines and one with a Fanuc tending robot.
I can say last year it was 99% all about lasers, robots, 3D printing and multi-tasking machines.

I was at FABTech last year. It’s amazing and I’d recommend to anyone in fabrication. But I really want to get to IMTS next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The IMTS show is in Chicago every other year. Last year it was in Italy. Then back here in 2 years and the next year in Germany and back here in 4, etc.

My son goes every year. He heads the team that buys seven figures worth of new machines every year. All the vendors drop everything and come right over when he stops by. Plus he won't be paying for any food or drink. The top end machinery his company buys is just unbelievable in its capabilities.

Free food and drink? Where can I sign up to follow him around....LOL :cheerful:

Heading there in the AM. Might have to inadvertently get “lost” from my group and go check out the new Tormach at AB tools booth

Also planning to run down to tubalcain/ Mr Pete’s shop open house in Streator IL on Sat. Not sure what to expect but it should be interesting.

I just got home last night after spending 2 1/2 days at the show. Saw some amazing things. The new 3 D plastic and Metal printing Additive MFG-ing is amazing. I was walking in the Big hall where all the Big builders have booths and met Don Bailey of Suburban Tool. We talked about possibly doing a class out there sometime.

Back