Anyone have a G0705 mill/drill?

Well I just put a bid on a Clausing 8530 located on Long Island. Sure hope I can figure a way to get it here if I win. Or at least get someone on LI to pick it up for me and hold til I can get it.

Bill, I live in Brooklyn, I could lend a hand for a day, I have some rigging equipment and experience moving machines but I don't have a vehicle sufficient to move the mill. So if you or another member can arrange transport, I can help get it from its location on Long island into your shop. Also, I might be able to rent a van cheaply, if you want to go that route.

Eddy,
I can use the wife's landscaping trailer an I have straps. Wife would have to drive as I have trouble sitting in the truck.
My other thought would be to check and see how much to deliver.

Uhaul rents trailers affordable. They have a motorcycle trailer 4x8 with ramp that is rated over 1000lbs, I think it's uhaul rated 1500lbs, which means real world rated 2000lbs+, the larger 5x9 will easily do 3000lbs, I've done it several times. Total costs after nj taxes is 20-25 dollars for those trailers.

BTW, I do these tows now with an Suv Chevy Equinox, just don't do lots of hills and mountains and she is fine

I'd be all up for a trip up to New Britain, CT area for a day of moving, cleaning, setting up. Weekends are best. Let me know what type of tools to bring.

Rich

A Saturday morning is best for me also. Will give me time to make the room also. I have an engine hoist here to get it off.

I have some 4-5 foot pinch bars I'll throw in the car just in case. Saturday works for me. I can do mystic on Sunday than. Let us know if you get the machine.:encourage:

Imy really pulling for you on this.

Eddy,
I can use the wife's landscaping trailer an I have straps. Wife would have to drive as I have trouble sitting in the truck.
My other thought would be to check and see how much to deliver.
Okay sounds doable, lets see how the auction goes, and take it from there. Im somewhat flexible on days so shouldn't be problem.

As it gets closer to end it looks like it may go over my max bid.

That's the problem with machines in that size, their popularity... I'm still pulling for you though, I wanna have an excuse to go to mystic this weekend:encourage:

Didn't win it. But still looking. Gonna check one out in Northern NJ.

Back