Anyone have a .stl file?

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking for a .stl file or g-code file of a good BXA tool holder for a PM 12x36T back splash. I have looked on Thingiverse, and a few other places, and yes I have tried my hand at Fusion 360 design. I’m new at the 3d printing thing and just not coming up what I want. I just can’t find a good useable printed dovetail mount that will fit on the weird back splash. I have looked at the one on eBay but I can’t see paying $15-24 for a pre printed holder. I have a DIN rail, and aluminum angle but they rattle to beat heck sometimes when I’m doing an unbalanced, interrupted cut, and it is nerve racking to say the least. I know I’m cheap old fart. Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.
Thanks
CH

I still have the stl for this one... mounted to plywood above the backsplash. Personally, I like having it up out of the direct path to swarf and coolant .

IMG_20200404_192738.jpg

Oops, sorry, this is AXA...

I have a file but also for AXA. Mine clips on the back of the splash guard. I could draw you one up if I had dimensions...

I did mine much more simply and quickly. Still does the job...

Well I want to thank every one. I‘ll just work something out.
CH

Looking for a .stl file or g-code file of a good BXA tool holder for a PM 12x36T back splash. I have looked on Thingiverse, and a few other places, and yes I have tried my hand at Fusion 360 design. I’m new at the 3d printing thing and just not coming up what I want. I just can’t find a good useable printed dovetail mount that will fit on the weird back splash. I have looked at the one on eBay but I can’t see paying $15-24 for a pre printed holder. I have a DIN rail, and aluminum angle but they rattle to beat heck sometimes when I’m doing an unbalanced, interrupted cut, and it is nerve racking to say the least. I know I’m cheap old fart. Any help will be greatly appreciated as always.

I made a few BXA sized holders {for dial indicators} and what I did to ensure correct fitment, it to use the tool-post to check fit while part is still in the vise on the mill.

With this strategy, all one needs is the dove-tail cutter, and to sneak up on the dimensions.

Back