Anyone Have Experience Connecting a MPG to LinuxCNC?

I give up. I ordered a USB hub with switches on each port. So, now I have the pendant turned off until after I boot up, then turn it on, then start LinuxCNC. It works, but it's not very elegant.

I wish VistaCNC had a solution. I'm not very impressed with their (lack of) support.

I give up. I ordered a USB hub with switches on each port. So, now I have the pendant turned off until after I boot up, then turn it on, then start LinuxCNC. It works, but it's not very elegant.

I wish VistaCNC had a solution. I'm not very impressed with their (lack of) support.
I've not heard good things about VistaCNC

Page 40 - try disabling legacy USB support.
Page 44 - try enabling fast boot, which should prevent any attempt to boot from USB.

Crapshoot, but it sounds more like motherboard settings issues than pendant issues.

WOW! You nailed it! I disabled legacy USB support and now it boots normally with the pendant plugged it! Thank you so much!

I really didn't think it was a BIOS issue since the GRUB screen was coming up which is past the BIOS start up.

I haven't tried the fast boot option. Why mess with success?

Very welcome. Glad it was an easy, if semi-elusive, fix.

With Microsoft pushing Windows toward requiring more modern hardware, I wonder how many of those buggy backward compatibility driven BIOS features will even exist in a few more years. Which would cause a whole world of trouble for the people that truly rely on those features....

Back