Anyone have this ER-32 collet adapter?

Not familiar with the vendor, but the price doesn't seem too out of line of it is a quality chuck and collets.

My Beall ER32 collet chuck was $160 with 5 collets, add another $38 for two additional collets and it would be almost $200. There is a little more going on with that one due to the backing plate mount.
Aaron are you happy with your Beall collet chuck I have been thinking about that for a while , but I also just got a big chunk of stock to turn one out of If I get caught up around here

On my list of projects is to make my own ER32 collet chuck with a 1-1/2 x 8 thread to fit on my lathe's spindle. I have a nice slug of 12L14 just waiting to be turned into something useful.

The Beall tools are designed for woodworkers/turners, hence the collets have threads for the common wood lathes.

I have a Beall 1 1/4in x 8 tpi tap which I purchased to make wooden chucks. Good quality tap. At the time I did not have a metal lathe. I have used the tap to clean up metal chucks which were single pointed on the metal lathe.

Aaron are you happy with your Beall collet chuck I have been thinking about that for a while , but I also just got a big chunk of stock to turn one out of If I get caught up around here

Yes, it has worked well for me. I've mostly used it for holding endmills on my Sherline mill. I don't have experience with any other brand to make a comparison with, but I have no complaints with it. It was specifically recommended to me by Mikey so he may be able to comment on why he prefers the Beall vs a generic ER32 chuck.

Dave is correct, it is marketed towards woodworkers, but the chuck is available with a variety of thread options, including one threaded for Sherline machines by name, so they must know there is interest beyond woodworking.

Another ER collet option for the Atlas lathe is from Tall Grass Tools. $160 for a fully machined holder, no collets included. Anybody use one of these?

Back