Anyone here built a GyroBee?

And a shout out to John Morgan: NO EXCUSES! LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT, quit telling me you have to make hay while the sun shines, and get your butt in gear and get your mods finished on that Dominator gyrocopter!

And a shout out to John Morgan: NO EXCUSES! LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT, quit telling me you have to make hay while the sun shines, and get your butt in gear and get your mods finished on that Dominator gyrocopter!

Wow... this is what I get for gratitude... :confused 3:
Guy calls me up, sobbing he just let the magic smoke out of the motor of his new mill... nub for sure... :blue:
So I turn him onto the BEST hobby machinist forum available...
And the wonderful folks here reach out to him and help him...
And he turns around and starts in on my life plans.
Sheesh...

OK Greg... for the ump-teenth time...
I would prefer to have $$$ to enjoy my hobbies when I am retired...
Thus foregoing them a bit now.

For folks that do not know...
GT Mills is Greg Mills...
Greg and I are in the same Gyro club in the great state of GA...
We enjoy harassing each other... :cool 2:

Do not get on my case too much Greg... Or I will post the thread of the demise of your AirCommand... grin...

For those that do not know... Greg has pioneered mounting a 4 cyl Yamaha Genesis snowsled engine on a gyrocopter...
And in spite of himself :eek:... it actually flies GREAT!...
That is, until Greg tried to...
But that is a different story... :grin:

Well John.

3 things have happened:

1: In fall I went to Stockholm (Sweden) and bought most of the aluminum I need.
2: I now have a 3 bladed 60" Warp Drive propeller on the way.
3: I'm about to send money to Starbeegyros.com for hardware, wheels and such.

But Dana Linn doesn't have the seat and cushion anymore... Do you know of a seat/cushion that'll fit?

Cheers
Erik

ERIK:

I have had a Gyro Bee (technically mine is later version, the Honey Bee) for many years. What do you need??? I run a gyrocopter BUSINESS, for goodness sake! YES, I CAN HELP YOU WITH A SEAT. write to me here: info@mohawkaerocraft.com

JOHN: quit worrying about chasing the dime, and start worrying about chasing CLOUDS and SUNSETS!!! You ain't gonna live foreva, and we ain't gettin no yunga, dude.

geez.

To anyone interested, John was hinting at my landing on a sand bar in the Atlantic Ocean off Savannah. Everything was going fine. When I went to take off again, and the nose wheel dug into the sand, and the gyrocopter rolled over. Not one of my better days. Totally embarrassing.

oh, well...

To anyone interested, John was hinting at my landing on a sand bar in the Atlantic Ocean off Savannah. Everything was going fine. When I went to take off again, and the nose wheel dug into the sand, and the gyrocopter rolled over. Not one of my better days. Totally embarrassing.

oh, well...

Yeah... we all make mistakes... :eek:

My goal... is to not make the mistake of being broke when I have time to play... :grin:

You back in the air yet GT??? :)

Back