Anyone Identify This Machine?

Mattm23

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, I came across a 3 in 1 listed on Craigslist and I'm having trouble identifying the manufacturer and model. It seems the wife of the owner is actually the one selling it and she doesn't email/text and her english isn't great so you get the issue. I'm guessing it's a Smithy but I don't know a ton about 3 in 1 machines. Anyone steer me in the right direction?

XpZPOnM.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

XpZPOnM.jpg

XpZPOnM.jpg

XpZPOnM.jpg

XpZPOnM.jpg

XpZPOnM.jpg

with that green color it might be a grizzly but others will correct me if I'm wrong.

after looking at the grizzly I don't think it is one you might be right.

It is one sold by Enco, had one like it for three years and sold it a year ago. All all the Chinese import 3 in 1's are pretty much the same with maybe a half a dozen variations. Parts available through Grizzly. As others have pointed out, the lathe works decently, the mill function leaves a lot to be desired.

As much as I'd like an Atlas or South Bend 10" or 12" machine, the 3 in 1 seems to suit my needs pretty well... at least until I can afford something nicer. The seller claims to have everything that came with the machine and some extras. She listed it for $800, I think I can get it for $600-650. Assuming everything is there, working and in good shape would that be a decent price?

Thanks for the replies MoN, Bob and Steve. Great picture Bob. Any idea what the differences are between an AT-300 and a CB-1220XL?

Back