Anyone know how to order from Steve Wells

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
I want to do a large dial conversion on my SB 9 lathe. Steve Wells , I think, sells the screw blanks for the conversion, but I can't find them or how to get hold of Steve. Does anyone know where to find these or how to order?
Mark

Mark, I emailed him about some 7/16x10 acme rod and it took a while but I did hear back from him and bought some. Really seems like a nice man through his emails.
It has been a while since I ordered it though.
Might have to be really patient waiting to hear from him.
If recall correctly his email is wswells@earthlink.net

Last edited:
Thanks guys..... I emailed him and will wait to see if he answers. I am interested in 7\16-10 LH screw blanks to do a large dial conversion on my south bend lathe

Mark, I may have some, give me a little time and will look for it. It is new unused from Steve if I can find it.

Mark, I may have some, give me a little time and will look for it. It is new unused from Steve if I can find it.
Thank you ........ If you have some, I would be very happy to pay you for it. I downloaded the write up for the cross feed and the compound. I want to change my dials on the lathe to large ones. I am practicing the procedure on my X Y table on my tool grinder. The same procedure will be a great improvement to the table as well as the lathe. I have 1/2" screws for the grinder but the 716-10 LH screws for the lathe I can't find.

Thank you ........ If you have some, I would be very happy to pay you for it. I downloaded the write up for the cross feed and the compound. I want to change my dials on the lathe to large ones. I am practicing the procedure on my X Y table on my tool grinder. The same procedure will be a great improvement to the table as well as the lathe. I have 1/2" screws for the grinder but the 716-10 LH screws for the lathe I can't find.
Mark, did you ever contact Steve or locate the 7/16 - 10 LH acme screws elsewhere. I'm working on my SB 9" and just ran into the same problem. I can't find anyplace on the Swells website to order the Acme screw. Thanks.

Mark, did you ever contact Steve or locate the 7/16 - 10 LH acme screws elsewhere. I'm working on my SB 9" and just ran into the same problem. I can't find anyplace on the Swells website to order the Acme screw. Thanks.
Yes, another member had one and I got one from him. To get to Steve Wells, you need to email him. His email address is on the his website. Be patient as it takes a while to get a response. When I spoke to him last by email, he was making more.
Are you converting to large dials or just replacing the stock screw. If you are replacing the stock cross slide screw , I may still have my original screw which was in really good condition. I am having emergency surgery tomorrow but can check if I still have it.

Thanks Mark. I’ll email him and wait for his reply. I have no problem waiting as long as I know I’ll eventually hear back and eventually get the screw. I just didn’t want to wait if it was a no-go with Steve and that’s why I was asking. Thanks again.

Back