Anyone know much about AC motors??

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
So I am collecting the pieces parts to swap my lathe to VFD. I ordered a Lesson 192241.30 as this motor no longer made, it was swapped with a 192241.00
(Model c80t17fz49a versus c80t17fz54a) 1st one is originally what I wanted, 2nd is the newer model.
The main difference i can see from spec plate are:
One is code j and one is g
one says inverter type pmw the other is pmw VFD
one is insulation code f5 the other is f7
Now, under the cover, both are 9 wire, but one has 9 mounting studs the other has 6....as they are just jumped based on input voltage, that may not be as big of a deal as it sounds.
Are these actually swappable motors?
Thanks a bunch!

Same motor, one is obsolete and one is the direct replacement. Basically the same specs., they are both metric frames so make sure they fit the mounting and shaft, although not a big deal to drill new mounting holes. Also the motor pulley may need to be replaced, in particular if you are going to run higher Hz. Have helped a number of people use these metric motors with lathes and VFD's, they work well. They are also economically priced.

Thanks brother...everything obviously points to this is same thing/updated. Honestly the biggest thing I’m concerned with is the “pmw” on my new motor and the previous was “pmw/VFD” I know that they see a lot more heat and just all round beating from the extremely fast ac currently changes from the VFD...was concerned the new motor is designed to handle that.
Thanks much!

Back