Anyone know of someplace carrying the ER32 collet blocks in the US?

David Kirtley

Active User
Registered
The only place I have seen them for sale is at arceurotrade.co.uk. All I can seem to find here are the ones for 5C collets and I really don't want to buy another complete set of collets in another style.

Last edited:
I know that KBC Tools sell them and didn't check but would be very surprised if MSC and McMaster didn't also.
Michael

They are in the work holding section of the catalog 7-171-328 to 370 by 2s and 4s. Pg 434 in catalog #45
Michael
Sorry I should read more carefully, was looking for collets. I have never seen ER32 collet blocks. It only takes about a week to get things here from UK.
Michael

Last edited:
Interesting, a little while back I searched around wondering if this very same thing existed. I never found one & came to the conclusion that it didn't. My search didn't extend far into international vendors though.

Perhaps it's a somewhat new product or made exclusively by the link you provided? How long have they been offering it? After all it does say "The new alternative to 5C collet blocks has arrived!".

I wish they had an ER40 version.

They are in the work holding section of the catalog 7-171-328 to 370 by 2s and 4s. Pg 434 in catalog #45
Michael
Sorry I should read more carefully, was looking for collets. I have never seen ER32 collet blocks. It only takes about a week to get things here from UK.
Michael

I sure don't see them. Just to be sure we are looking at the same thing, this is what they look like:

bef72541-35b9-4b55-a79b-a01d00b8e9df_450x191.jpg

Most likely, I am going to have to do an order from UK but that will be a pain. My credit union seems to think that any international order on debit card is an unacceptable risk and blocks them.

bef72541-35b9-4b55-a79b-a01d00b8e9df_450x191.jpg

Most likely, I am going to have to do an order from UK but that will be a pain. My credit union seems to think that any international order on debit card is an unacceptable risk and blocks them.
Buy a Green Dot Visa or Mastercard at Walmart or one of the other places that sell them. Put as much cash on it as you need and you have a credit card. Cost you at most $5.00 to save the hassle.

https://www.greendot.com

He added to his post after posting to correct himself.

The correction was that I saw I had written once instead of ones and corrected it.

But I do appreciate the work he went to looking for me.

I also went and looked through both the US and CA versions of the website he posted.

They are not a real common item.

AlanR:

Yes, I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I would have to go that way. Thanks.

Interesting, a little while back I searched around wondering if this very same thing existed. I never found one & came to the conclusion that it didn't. My search didn't extend far into international vendors though.

Perhaps it's a somewhat new product or made exclusively by the link you provided? How long have they been offering it? After all it does say "The new alternative to 5C collet blocks has arrived!".

I wish they had an ER40 version.

They do have an awesome ER40 faceplate for the lathe though. I love mine for ER32

Edit: The ER40 seems to be gone. But they do have a larger one in ER32.

I think it has been there a couple years now.

Works out great for me as I have the ER32 for the lathe and mill. Also gives me more room through the spindle than a chuck.

Back