Anyone know what the go is with USPS not shipping outside US?

I just had the same issue. Tracking showed left my local post office and vanished. Just got delivered 6 weeks later. Tracking still shows nothing. Again I shipped in a priority flat rate box. Need to see if I can get my money back on that one. So much for 2-3 day guaranteed delivery.
The 2-3 day delivery at least for now is a thing of the past. Have you ordered anything from Amazon lately? Prime delivery is a joke anymore. With employee shortages and covid this is the norm for our world now I think. If I'd not had a stroke I'd go back to truck driving. I was making $75k as a machinist and every single day I hear and see ads for drivers starting at $100k and home every night. One place here locally is offering a $5k bonus after a year.

The housing I sent to Australia that was lost was only insured for $400 and after 3 months I did get the insurance money for it.

The 2-3 day delivery at least for now is a thing of the past. Have you ordered anything from Amazon lately? Prime delivery is a joke anymore. With employee shortages and covid this is the norm for our world now I think. If I'd not had a stroke I'd go back to truck driving. I was making $75k as a machinist and every single day I hear and see ads for drivers starting at $100k and home every night. One place here locally is offering a $5k bonus after a year.

The housing I sent to Australia that was lost was only insured for $400 and after 3 months I did get the insurance money for it.
really? I guess I was in the wrong business.
well not important, not going back... can't take the BS.

Only very recently have I had any glitches with Amazon. My new puppy chewed up my watch so I ordered another. I have a tracking app so I put the # in it and it was supposed to be here in couple of days. It just sat there and I get a notice from Amazon that I have the “option” to reorder it. So kinda know something has gone schwangle. Waited till the end of the week, canceled the original and ordered a new one. It showed in two days but talk about a miracle! If you’ve ever watched where your packages go it’s crazy. It went from San Diego to Sacramento back down the LA, then to me!

There has been a total scrambling of USPS since the new guy took over. And one of the many delightful “improvements“ was to order the slow down of air mail. I used to use it for everything because it was only a day or so slower than priority. Now it atleast twice as long. It’s always been about how close your package was to a hub. But since his other improvement of taking sorting machines and deep siding them everything is slower as to be expected.

BTW if you send stuff a lot and are not using a shipping program you are paying too much. And no waiting in line which is the very best part.

One of my dealers in Germany made a big order and for some reason you can’t ship more than $400 worth overseas with USPS. So my program started offering UPS and where UPS seems more expensive for same speed inside the US, overseas it’s way less. But right as I was printing the label my ink ran out. So I thought, no problem I have to go to UPS store to ship anyway. She says, oh Germany it’s going to be expensive and I thought the original price of $80 was a lot so say so how much? for the slowest it’s $390, 2-3 day around $500! I was so in shock I can’t exactly remember the price. Needless to say I went and got a printer ink and did it myself. What a lesson.

Only very recently have I had any glitches with Amazon. My new puppy chewed up my watch so I ordered another. I have a tracking app so I put the # in it and it was supposed to be here in couple of days. It just sat there and I get a notice from Amazon that I have the “option” to reorder it. So kinda know something has gone schwangle. Waited till the end of the week, canceled the original and ordered a new one. It showed in two days but talk about a miracle! If you’ve ever watched where your packages go it’s crazy. It went from San Diego to Sacramento back down the LA, then to me!

There has been a total scrambling of USPS since the new guy took over. And one of the many delightful “improvements“ was to order the slow down of air mail. I used to use it for everything because it was only a day or so slower than priority. Now it atleast twice as long. It’s always been about how close your package was to a hub. But since his other improvement of taking sorting machines and deep siding them everything is slower as to be expected.
Pics of the watch and the new puppy or it didn't happen.
the last pic of your puppy was a month ago, should be a bit bigger now...

Pics of the watch and the new puppy or it didn't happen.
the last pic of your puppy was a month ago, should be a bit bigger now...
Yeah, twice as big and as like I was warned PWD’s are counter cruisers. We have to leave our bedroom door closed or he goes treasure hunting. He always pauses in front of me on his way to his junk nest in the living room. But I think was was posting and not paying attention until I heard an odd popping sound. Black dogs are hard to take pics :) First one you can just barely see the watch….

Attachments

• D7831B84-B424-4F43-BBF3-8D0A29D02180.jpeg
    D7831B84-B424-4F43-BBF3-8D0A29D02180.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 991512D8-5E91-4837-A598-4E7CC51A33C9.jpeg
    991512D8-5E91-4837-A598-4E7CC51A33C9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • EE308958-3A7D-4A89-98E4-B44374A2CE39.jpeg
    EE308958-3A7D-4A89-98E4-B44374A2CE39.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Here in Canada, the post office has posted a notice that there is NO mail service to Australia and New Zealand as there are no flights available. This was last week.
Pierre

BTW if you send stuff a lot and are not using a shipping program you are paying too much. And no waiting in line which is the very best part.
What program are you using?

What program are you using?
I was with Stamps.com for 5-6yrs at least. Their software just kept getting buggier and biggier and just seemed unable to fix it. Oh they’d make all these soothing sounds like they would fix it, but the straw finally broke my back and just the other day jumped to Pitney Bowes. Seems like same pricing and much better interface. It’s just getting used to it. There are pricier probably more professional apps, but I’m just a notch above hobby so can’t really justify $50 a month service fee.

Back