Anyone know what the go is with USPS not shipping outside US?

Found this.....

9/15/2021 Update: The USPS has temporarily suspended Priority Mail International shipments to Australia as of September 17, 2021. To avoid disruption, use GlobalPost Standard or Priority Mail Express International to ship your packages to Australia. Get more info on GlobalPost Standard

The U.S. Postal Service has TEMPORARILY suspended First Class Package International Service (as of September 3, 2021) and Priority Mail International (as of September 17, 2021) delivery to Australia due to carrier issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Priority Mail Express International delivery is not being impacted and mailpieces will continue to be delivered.

If your First Class Package International Service parcel is already in transit, the international carriers will endorse the items as “Mail Service Suspended — Return to Sender” and then place the package in the mail stream for return. The USPS will provide a full refund of the shipping costs paid when service to the country of destination is suspended.

Alternate Delivery Options to Australia
If you have a shipment you need to send to Australia during this suspension period, we recommend the following options:

UPS International Shipping

USPS Priority Mail Express International

GlobalPost International Standard

I have heard of a watch dog..........but never seen one before!

Sorry!

-brino
Oh yeah, his breed is supposedly a water dog, but he LOVES to jump in bushes. Funniest thing you ever saw. And if he gets in long grass or like ice plants he goes literally nuts jumping and flopping. But he seems particularly attracted to anything that has our smell on it, like watches, glasses, shoes and socks etc.

Man, I’ve been hanging out with him too much. I’ve got puppy brain, sorry for dragging this thread off into the weeds….

What is GlobalPost International Standard?
GlobalPost International Standard uses a network of postal carriers which provides a similar service to First Class Package International Service at a lower rate. If you don’t see GlobalPost International Standard as an option in your Stamps.com shipping software, contact Customer Care at 1-888-434-0055 (open Monday to Friday, 6 am to 6 pm PT) to request access to GlobalPost carrier services.
GlobalPost SUXS! Horrible tracking, like non existent, and my two that are limbo in France and Portugal were GlobalPost. Never more, and I think it’s interesting that the new app doesn’t have GlobalPost.

Man I guess I got my package to Australia right before everything shut down. That was pure luck.

With all this I just heard back from the last order I sent to Australia and it got there ok. He didn’t even know that USPS had temporarily suspended shipping! Yay!

With all this I just heard back from the last order I sent to Australia and it got there ok. He didn’t even know that USPS had temporarily suspended shipping! Yay!
Earlier when I read this about shipments to Australia I contacted my customer to see if he has been affected by this. He also hadn't heard about it, but seems pretty worried about it. He's looking into it on his end.

This guy never even seems to sleep. No matter when I email him he answers within 1/2 hour.

Yeah, twice as big and as like I was warned PWD’s are counter cruisers. We have to leave our bedroom door closed or he goes treasure hunting. He always pauses in front of me on his way to his junk nest in the living room. But I think was was posting and not paying attention until I heard an odd popping sound. Black dogs are hard to take pics :) First one you can just barely see the watch….
how does he even see... or he doesn't need to, he just sniffs it out.
yea he got big.

many dogs are counter cruisers, or wanna be counter cruisers.

Oh yeah, his breed is supposedly a water dog, but he LOVES to jump in bushes. Funniest thing you ever saw. And if he gets in long grass or like ice plants he goes literally nuts jumping and flopping. But he seems particularly attracted to anything that has our smell on it, like watches, glasses, shoes and socks etc.

Man, I’ve been hanging out with him too much. I’ve got puppy brain, sorry for dragging this thread off into the weeds….
you can't hang out too much with your pup.
I hope you are socializing him as much as possible.

how does he even see... or he doesn't need to, he just sniffs it out.
yea he got big.
Believe it or not it must be like shades because he doesn’t miss anything visually. He sees stuff really far away, everything he is interested, curious, scared, whatever he sits just like that. He does live with his nose to the ground. His hearing is crazy too because at first I couldn’t hardly take him for a walk because he was scared of everything. Once he refused to leave the street heading west and not until I paid attention did I realize he was scared of the noise of the surf over a mile away! Im so used to it I don’t hear it but I imagine it sounds like growling or something to him.

We are up to my last dogs regimen was. 1.5hr first thing in the morning and 1hr in the evening, 24/7. He is funny because from behind at a walk he looks like a cowboy with furry chaps all spraddlegged and wiggly, but get him up to a trot and he’s smooth. Kinda like a race engine, not made to idle.

PWD’s are super friendly and now that he’s had his shots we let him meet everybody, human and k9. Quite a change from my old sweet Pittie. She loved all people, but was wary of dogs. Since I’m here all the time he is my shadow. He doesn’t like the noise in the shop so he watches me from the side door.

PWD’s are super friendly and now that he’s had his shots we let him meet everybody, human and k9. Quite a change from my old sweet Pittie. She loved all people, but was wary of dogs. Since I’m here all the time he is my shadow. He doesn’t like the noise in the shop so he watches me from the side door.
yea, mine was like that, and the slick VCT tiled floor had him freaked out, but he's in the shop under foot a lot now. So it may change, you never know. you do a 1.5 hour walk with him? mine is tuckered at half that time. We do about 3 laps of the dog park maybe 1.5 miles and he's sucking a gallon of water.

Back