Anyone Near Grainger County, Tennessee?

jmltinnc

Registered
Registered
Hi Folks,

First, I hope I am following the process correctly...

I'm looking for a Mentor - preferably close, but knowing I am rather remote, I would be thrilled with someone willing to share their experience with me.

About Me: I am an EE but spent most of my life as a Material Handling business owner. I entered that trade as an Apprentice Mechanic and rose quickly to the top of my trade and decided to do it myself, trading wrenches for a desk. I am intimately familiar with electronics, mechanical systems, hydraulics/pneumatics, basic metal working (welding, cutting, bending). I am an accomplished fine woodworker, (but only do it for myself) skilled in joining techniques, veneer work, profiling, finishing. Interests include Physics, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Amateur Radio - anything and everything.

I recently purchased a bench mill, a Weiss VM25L - can't visually tell the difference between a Precision Mathews PM-25. I have most tooling and am currently stuck on purchasing a rotary table. Where I thought I could do all this on my own, the table made me realize I need someone with experience that I can draw.

I am a quick learner and promise not to be a pain.

I am available by PM, email, phone. Being a Newb to this forum I am unsure how to post my contact info... My preference is face-to-face/phone, PM/email in that order, but any communication is welcome and appreciated. I recognize there are situations where one form of communication is preferable to another depending upon the situation.

Thank you in advance to All that might be interested in sharing.

John

There are a couple of members near you. Hopefully one of them will reach out. I believe there is a makers space in Knoxville also.

Welcome John,

If you haven't done so already, please get yourself on our Mentor Map (sticky thread at the top of this forum). To do that, read the "Read This First" (sticky thread at the top of this forum) and follow the instructions.

Welcome John,

If you haven't done so already, please get yourself on our Mentor Map (sticky thread at the top of this forum). To do that, read the "Read This First" (sticky thread at the top of this forum) and follow the instructions.

Did it. Thank you!

Back