Anyone near Hertford, NC to pickup a small mill (~1700lb)?

brownac1983

Registered
Registered
Hello. I've purchased a Gorton mill in Hertford, NC at auction. I work out of town and may not be able to make the pickup timeframe. Looking for someone who knows what they're doing to pick it up and hold it for a week or two, then load it on my trailer. The local wrecker company will do it, but I thought I'd ask here before I secured their services. The auction site says that they can lift and load if you provide the rigging (has a lift eye installed, just needs a sling). The mill is a Gorton 8-D. Thanks.
-Drew Brown

mill.jpg

Drat, I'm all tied up currently, and the truck is on blocks. Would be a good excuse for a trip to the coast.
Suggestion, see if they are using a rigging company at the auction site, they may be able/willing to take it back to their place for a few days.
Would be safer than a roll-off, that is unless the owner/operator is seasoned.

Drat, I'm all tied up currently, and the truck is on blocks. Would be a good excuse for a trip to the coast.
Suggestion, see if they are using a rigging company at the auction site, they may be able/willing to take it back to their place for a few days.
Would be safer than a roll-off, that is unless the owner/operator is seasoned.

No worries. I just thought I'd see if we have any guys local to it with the means to pick it up before I hire it out. The wrecker guy said he has a truck with a boom that'll pick it up and he can set it on a trailer with that.
-Drew

No worries. I just thought I'd see if we have any guys local to it with the means to pick it up before I hire it out. The wrecker guy said he has a truck with a boom that'll pick it up and he can set it on a trailer with that.
-Drew
That would work best IMO. When I see 'em moving equipment on roll-offs, I take a deep breathe.
When I had to off load my BP, local guy came over with a larger 'hooker' wrecker and did a fantastic job.
Put it right up against the garage on pipes to roll it in.

Brownac1983, did you get the Gorton mill? Would like to hear your opinion. Have my eye on an 8 1/2 D.

Back