Anyone need a 12 foot B&S straight edge?

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
Screenshot 2022-01-25 12.25.10 PM.png

Just found this thing for sale
Cant imagine hoe big of a surface plate you would need.

(edit:typo)

Last edited:
It would be a real b*tch to seriously use. You would need some fine adjustable crane infrastructure, and some help, and be setting about doing very serious stuff on a very big machine!

View attachment 393684

Just found this thing for sale
Cant imagine hoe big of a surface plate you would need.

(edit:typo)
Yeah, if you can’t check it, it’s worthless. I guess somebody with an autocollimator could check it like a surface plate cert co.

Someone is giving away a free 12'x6'x18" thick surface plate on Face Book Marketplace, It
Cant imagine how big of a surface plate you would need.
Someone is giving away a free 12'x6'x18" thick surface plate on Face Book Marketplace, It
would be the perfect match for that straight edge!
Surface Plate.jpg

would be the perfect match for that straight edge!
Just over 18,000lbs (168 lbs/cu. ft) if I figure correctly. The rigging and shipping will not be trivial.

Last edited:
Just over 18,000lbs (168 lbs/cu. ft) if I figure correctly. The rigging and shipping will not be trivial.
Then there is designing and building a set of legs to support it, and hoping your concrete floor is up to the load....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Then there is designing and building a set of legs to support it, and hoping your concrete floor is up to the load....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Believe that I thought of several scenarios of how I could make it happen...

Personally seen a 4'x4'x8', it had a 1'x1'x8' corner taken off, Company would not tell whence it came, it was given away "free for Shipping." Pink granite also.

Back